Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ramblings.

Holy moly. Seriously, I am amazed at how wonderful things are. I'm very fortunate that I am surrounded by people who are so loving, positive, supportive, creative, and quirky. I forget that there are people aren't like that. Some are on their way to improving themselves, some are a bit stuck. It's not my job to tell them how to get unstuck, but sometimes all we can do is listen and watch. I'm not into fixing people cos that's a waste of time.

Working at the SAH-lon (I like to say it that way in my head cos it sounds fancier) forces you to interact with so many different kinds of people. Sometimes, the shampoo bowl is a mini-confessional booth. Except you're lying back and getting your head rubbed. For the most part, people want to relax, but some of them want to talk. I've heard all kinds of things while standing over them. Sometimes the confessional carries on to the styling chair. I can't be specific cos I'd like to protect the privacy of these people. Earlier this week I had 3 clients that were complete strangers so it was nice to interact with a clean slate. One of them is a real estate agent. Another, a World War II survivor. Another is a suburban mom. I don't know why, but most people like to speak openly with me. It's not that I tell them to, they just do. I guess I just bring it out of them. Other times, a general question like, "how are you?" brings on a deluge of T.M.I. Tee hee. I don't mind it. I'm good at keeping my mouth shut. It's yo bidness. Whatevs. Some people are in a rough patch so they want comfort and for someone to tell them things will be okay. I'm more than happy to do provide that for them. It's really interesting to hear about different kinds of lives, from the mundane to the exciting. Sorry to be very general but remember, I'm only keeping things at arms' length. Maybe more later.

xoxo,
Mish


No comments:

Post a Comment